The title of this project, headed by Prof. Olaf B. Paulson,
is (In translation) "Functional Activation of the Brain.
Cognition and Language Investigated using PET and MRI. New
PET-tracers. New Data Analysis Schemes".
The participating Danish institutions are:
The overall goal of the project is to establish
a Danish group in functional neuroimaging that can contribute
significantly to the field and become internationally leading.
The primary reseach objectives concern investigations in memory
processes, language, visual object recognition and the mechanisms
of attention. As an important part of the collaboration new
information processing strategies are investigated for statistical
analysis and visualization.
The DTU group will investigate:
- Dept. Neurology, Rigshospitalet.
- Psychological Laboratory, University of Copenhagen.
- Clinical-Physiology/Nuclear Medicine, Rigshospitalet.
- Danish Center for Magnetic Resonance, Hvidovre Hospital.
- Dept. Mathematical Modelling, Technical University of Denmark.
- Geometric models of the brain
for use in image reconstruction, segmentation, and visualization.
- Use of anatomical a priori information form atlases and from
structural MRI scan in the reconstruction and segmentation of functional
scans (PET and fMRI).
- Adaptive signal processing and data analysis
using neural networks.
- Interactive visualisation using VRML.
As an important contribution to the neuroscience community, we are
currently developing a toolbox for the widely used
mathematical programming language MATLAB, for analysis of spatio-temporal